Thursday 17 September 2009

Raid My Music Collection

So, I was searching through my cupboard yesterday, well, more cleaning it out. Anyways, I found a buncha old CD's that I just gad to burn onto my computer. These included "Crossroad" by Bon Jovi, "The Very Best Of Meat Loaf", "Dumb And Dumber Soundtrack" and "The Jam's Greatest Hits". And so far, I'm in love with the albums! I've always loved Bon Jovi and Meat Loaf, but I never really had any songs by them.

Anyway, I thought I might rant on about my music collection. I've been trying to collect as many CDs as possible, just to take up space in my room. So far, I've managed to add a total of one new album in the past week. Well, I would say two but the other I bought was just replacing an old CD that has broke, and the mayonaise in the freezer trick wasn't working on it. I've got at least £80 to spend, so about £30 of that will go towards some new albums, like Muse's new album and YouMeAtSix's deluxe album. Oh, and The Used's new album.

The range of my iTunes library isn't too wide. I wish I could say the same for my brothers, his goes from Metallica to N-Dubz, to Avenged Sevonfold to Lethal Bizzle. Mine ranges from The Gallows to Busted, Flobots to Fall Out Boy, Meat Loaf to BrokeNCYDE. Pretty much a mixture, apart from that "'Ard innit" music that most other people listen to.

At the moment, I've opened myself to an all-new genre of music named Crunk. I'm pretty much into it. It's like sleazy alternative with the beats of R 'N' B, it's basically like Grind Core and Dance Core but different. You need to listen to soem Crunk artists, I love tons of 'em, especially 3OH!3 and BrokeNCYDE and The Medic Droid.

Apart from the bombardment of Crunk in my iTunes library, I do have a lot other genres. Acoustic, Acid Punk, Alternative, Rock, Metal, Comedy, Electronic/Electronica, 8-Bit. Tons. But it's mainly Alternative & Punk, because that's my favourite. I'm not that keen on Metal, but I do like a bit of it, like Metallica, System Of A Down, Slipknot, Killswitch Engage, Marilyn Manson. As far as alternative goes, I'm pretty much an expert on it.

Music plays an important part in my life, I have many more songs than any of my friends. They only have tiny little iPod Nano's with enough room for 400 songs. I have no idea how they live with such little music, I have 2077 songs on my iTunes library. Music is definetly one of my main priorities, I always have spare earphones on me and my iPod. HMV hardly stocks any good bands anymore and Zavvi shut down so Amazon.com is my music source - And Limewire. Don't stab me because I use Limewire, you have to understand my situation. My laptop only accepts certain Regions of CDs, so I'm limited. And most of the bands I like aren't even popular in this country and are only known in the states. I'm at least resonable with my downloading, I refuse to illegally download some artists. Like my favourites, such as Fall Out Boy, Panic At The Disco, Muse, Kids In Glass Houses, YouMeAtSix, blink-182, Paramore and My Chemical Romance.

I'm no wannabe, have you SEEN this ages wannabes? UGH! They say stuff like "Oh yah, I'm soooo emo! Look at my side fringe!" when really their side- fringe is just an altered hair cut that resembles a comb-over. I, myself, know quite a few wannabes. I refuse to believe I was like them, which frankly I wasn't . Even from the age of three I was into Linkin Park, Bon Jovi, Metallica and Aerosmith. Back to these wannabes, I do know a few. They say "I'm so emo!" but they listen to Avril Lavigne, Demi Lovato, Selena Gomez, Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana and other Disney-Powered 'Stars'. I've tried to tolerate them, but in the past few weeks I've just give them evil-eyes. AND this one particular one says that they love Fall Out Boy, when they only know about three songs.

That's what else annoys me, those people who are like "O ya, I LUV dis band, I'm gonna see dem" when they only know one song and then buy a great ticket to just 'Rave' to one song, that might not even be in the set list! I know all the lyrics to every Fall Out Boy song, except for a few that I haven't gotten yet. And, since I'm going to see Paramore, I know most of their lyrics to their two albums, and waiting on the new one in a few weeks. Green Day, I know A LOT of their songs and I'm gonna see them. Bring Me The Horizon, I know the screams to most of their 'Suicide Season' album and, since my brother exposed them to me years ago, I know some of the lyrics to their older albums. That was a bit off topic.

Wow, I really do ramble. Yeah, so I'm off to watch Scrubs (:

No comments:

Post a Comment